Alaskan Klee Kai Toys
A somewhat newer breed that is not yet recognized by the American Kennel Club comes from descendants of the Siberian Husky and is known as the Alaskan Klee Kai. Despite their smaller stature, the Alaskan Klee Kai is known to share the high energy levels of the larger Husky breeds.
Although these smaller dogs are much better suited as an indoor companion than a working dog like their ancestors, they still require a good amount of exercise to burn off that energy throughout the day. It is important to remember that this is crucial to their overall health as not only does it help with maintaining a healthy weight, but it also prevents them from becoming high strung or anxious.
While it is not always feasible to be able to provide your dog with extensive exercise every single day, there are other options to help with tiring them out. Making sure to maximize your dog’s physical and mental energy levels is the one sure-fire way to keep them at their best behavior. After all, it’s like they say, a tired dog is a good dog.
Lucky for you, we have done the heavy lifting and sorted through the countless dog toys out there to find the best suited for your Alaskan Klee Kai throughout all stages of their life. These toys will help to keep your dog entertained with or without you and ultimately mentally stimulated.
When shopping around for the right toys for your dog, you want to try to incorporate a few of these key points:
- Different textures for chewing
- Puppy toys vs adult toys
- Durable materials
- Toys that involve exercise
- Puzzle toys and level of difficulty
Below we will take a look at some of our favorites that incorporate these key factors.
Best Toys For Alaskan Klee Kai Puppies
Although your Alaskan Klee Kai puppy is much smaller than its husky relative, they still are known to be chewers. All puppies will go through teething stages, which are crucial to providing proper toys to avoid having them chew on unwanted or even harmful household items.
1. Nylabone Teething Puppy Chew
- TEETHING PUPPY BONES: Gentle puppy chew toys that ease pain during the teething stage
- Flexible chew toy helps with puppy teething while cleaning teeth and freshening breath
- Keeps puppies busy and helps prevent destructive chewing
- Delicious beef-flavored puppy toy
- Chew toy for puppies up to 15 pounds
Nylabone provides a wide variety of safe chews for dogs of all ages and chewing capacities. Unlike other common chews, such as rawhides or bones, you do not have to worry about your dog chewing off pieces that could potentially cause choking hazards. You do want to ensure that you are following the correct guidelines that Nylabone provides and make sure the puppy chews are only given to puppies who do not yet have adult teeth.
- Durable rubber
- Different textures keep dogs entertained
- Helps soothe teething pains in puppies
- Only good for puppy teeth
- Not intended for extremely heavy chewers
The Nylabone teething puppy chew is one of many from the Nylabone puppy line. This T-shape is especially helpful for your Alaskan Klee Kai puppy because not only does it provide a good outlet for teething, but it has multiple surfaces with varying textures to help keep your puppy entertained for hours on end. As a bonus, the textured chew helps to clean your puppy’s teeth while they chew.
2. Outward Hound Tail Teaser
- DURABLE DOG TRAINING & PLAY WAND: The Tail Teaser dog wand is made of durable nylon cord that's also flexible enough to last you through hours of play time or training
- INDOOR & OUTDOOR FUN: The Tail Teaser is a compact toy that you can bring with you to the park or use at home to keep your dog happy and physically in shape
- PLUSH TOYS SQUEAK & RATTLE: This durable nylon dog lure wand comes with two faux fur plush toys that squeak and rattle to mimic the sound of prey and activate your dog's natural hunting instincts
- PAIRS WITH ZIPZOOM AGILITY KITS: The Tail Teaser teasing pole is a perfect companion to the agility kits whether you're looking to teach your pup commands, tricks, or just have fun!
- PLAY IT SAFE: No toy is indestructible Do not leave toys with unsupervised pets Remove and replace toy if damaged
A great option to entertain your puppy while staying engaged is with the Outward Hound Tail Teaser. Made with durable materials to withstand your teething puppy’s sharp teeth, this fishing lure type wand helps to entertain a puppy who loves to chase.
- Comes with two different faux fur plus toy attachments
- Can be used for agility training
- Indoor and outdoor usage
- Do not leave with puppy unattended
- Not made from the most heavy-duty materials
Acting as a good source of physical exercise and mental stimulation, the train and play style of the Outward Hound Tail Teaser comes with two different faux fur plush toys to attach to the end of the lure. The Outward Hound Tail Teaser acts as a multifaceted toy for your Alaskan Klee Kai puppy as you can use it for exercise, play, and agility all at once.
Best Toys For Alaskan Klee Kai Adults
It is not only puppies who require frequent attention and exercise from their owners. To maintain their overall health and well-being, it is important to continue practices of physical exercise and mental stimulation through your Alaskan Klee Kai’s adulthood.
1. KONG Flyer
- Durable KONG Rubber makes for a softer, safer catch during fetching
- Supports healthy exercise and instinct to play
- Made in the USA. Globally Sourced Materials.
- Available in two sizes: S and L
- Available in two sizes: S and L
KONG is well known in the dog world for providing the ultimate heavy-duty products for dogs of all ages and sizes. One of their newer products, the KONG flyer, combines their signature heavy-duty material with a frisbee. Since physical exercise is important for your Alaskan Klee Kai, the KONG flyer helps to engage running and fetching in your dog.
- Durable KONG rubber
- Toy requires exercise
- Different size options
- Not entirely chew proof for extra heavy chewers
- Because of the weight, the flyer does not fly far
Other frisbees are typically made from a non-durable plastic that can break off into pieces if your Alaskan Klee Kai is left with it for too long. With the KONG flyer’s durable rubber, you don’t have to worry about any choking hazards, and it will be longer-lasting.
2. Trixie Puzzle Toy
- For intermediate canine players. Designed especially for small dogs
- Flip lids using knobs
- Slide disks to side
- Lift up cones note that design prevents cones from being knocked over they must be lifted straight up to remove
- Vary number and placement of treats to increase level of difficulty
Trixie toys are puzzle toys designed to keep your dog challenged and engaged while it sorts through the puzzles to uncover tasty treats. The Alaskan Klee Kai needs a certain level of mental stimulation, and with this Trixie Puzzle Toy, you can help educate your dog to become smarter over time.
- Teaches patience
- Develops memory
- Encourages concentration
- Must watch dog with the toy
- Intermediate level might be too challenging for beginners
Depending on the temperament of your Alaskan Klee Kai, you will have to watch them closely with the Trixie puzzle toy. While some dogs might become impatient and try to destroy the toy, it usually takes some patience and guidance to help show them what is needed to uncover their treats.
The one thing that the Alaskan Klee Kai does share with their Siberian Husky ancestors is the need for frequent mental and physical stimulation. It is not always easy to provide your dog with the physical exercise it needs, so seek out mental stimulation as a secondary option.
By providing your dog with an assortment of mentally stimulating toys, you are sure to keep your Alaskan Klee Kai entertained and well behaved. We hope this list of our top picks of Alaskan Klee Kai toys has helped to lead you in the right direction to finding the right source of entertainment for your dog.