Best Orthopedic Dog Bed of 2020
Complete Reviews with Comparisons
Do you have an older dog, or maybe one that suffers from some kind of painful condition? If so, they probably need a really supportive dog bed, but finding the right one is easier said than done. We are here to help you by taking a look at some of the top contenders for the best orthopedic dog bed on the market.
Best Orthopedic Dog Beds: Reviews
Better World Pets Orthopedic Dog Bed
Our first offer is a moderately expensive orthopedic dog bed that comes in a variety of sizes and will keep your dog comfortable no matter what.
The Better World Pets Orthopedic Dog Bed is a full 5 inches thick and is made with premium memory foam. It’s more than thick, soft, and supportive enough to keep dogs with various ailments, or just old dogs, as comfortable as can be. The memory foam is long-lasting and should always bounce back into shape, and it’s quite durable too.
This dog bed comes in 4 sizes for various dog breeds. Moreover, it features a waterproof liner, so the foam on the inside never gets wet, plus the outer cover can be easily removed for washing. The bottom of the Better World Pets Orthopedic Dog Bed is non-skid, so it won’t slide all over the floor when your dog is on it.
- Very thick and plush
- Various sizes
- Waterproof liner and washable cover
- Non-slip bottom
- Quite expensive
Furhaven Dog Bed
- PET FRIENDLY DESIGN: The bed features a traditional open mattress design that gives pets plenty of room to sleep in a variety of positions; the gusseted sides also give height and additional high-loft support for enhanced lounging comfort
- SLEEP SURFACE: The sleep surface is lined with ultra plush faux fur so luxuriously soft to the touch that no pet could ever resist snuggling into its downy comfort
- EASY ON JOINTS: The memory foam top cradles and contours to your pet's unique figure to help cushion pressure points, relieve joint pain, and provide optimum support for body alignment; these efforts ease discomfort to allow for a more restful sleep
- PRODUCT DETAILS: Chocolate; Large, 36" x 27" x 3"
- AVAILABLE VARIANTS: The bed comes in Cream, Chocolate, and Gray; it's also available in Small, Medium, Large, Jumbo, and Jumbo Plus
This is a much less expensive orthopedic dog bed that comes in a variety of sizes, types, and with different fillings too.
The Furhaven Dog Bed comes in 5 different sizes, so will be able to find one to fit your pooch, plus it comes in a number of colors. What is really cool is that you can choose the filling. You have a choice of gel foam, memory foam, and orthopedic foam, so you can select a normal one for healthy dogs, or one of the more specialized foams for older or ill dogs.
The Furhaven Dog Bed comes with a special foam cover intended to increase softness and to evenly displace weight, which is great for ill or older pooches. The sleeping surface is very soft, it is gentle on the nose for dogs, and the cover is removable and washable too. All that said, the Furhaven Dog Bed is not very durable and if you have a dog that likes to chew, it won’t last long.
- Various sizes and colors
- Various filling materials
- Washable cover
- Limited durability
- Non-waterproof liner
Dogbed4less Orthopedic Dog Bed
- WATERPROOF LINER + 2 EXTERNAL COVERS - This bed comes with x1 Water proof internal zipper cover to protect the memory foam, x1 Heavy Duty washable Navy Blue Denim external zipper cover + x1 Free bonus MicroSuede brown external case and x1 Gel Infused cooling memory foam pad.
- DURABLE MACHINE WASHABLE COVER - Removable 100% cotton heavy weight jeans denim cover with strong zipper and extra stitching to prolong the life of the pet bed. Available in Small 35x20x4, Medium Large 37x27x4, Large 41x27x4, XL 40x35x4, XL 47x29x4, XXL 55x37x4 and Jumbo 55x47x4 inches.
- SUPER JUMBO ORTHOPEDIC MEMORY FOAM - Top rated the largest 55X47X4 Inches hypoallergenic high density 100% solid memory foam pad provides the support and relieves the pain of arthritis. Pad will not flatten overtime to promote better sleep and healthy joint for your dogs.
- BEST LUXURIOUS COMFORT - Better than average human grade mattress with conforming therapeutic comfort. The combined benefits of pressure point relief, alignment support, cooler sleeping surface and less allergens come together to create the ideal environment for deeper and more restful sleep.
- TOP QUALITY PREMIUM MATERIALS - Full layer of high-density memory + heavyweight cover, quality construction and smart features providing many years of comfort and support with excellent value for your money. Try it yourself and you will love it too.
Here we have a very expensive orthopedic dog bed, but it is high-quality, luxurious, and definitely built for maximum comfort.
When it comes to the ultimate in comfort, the Dogbed4less Orthopedic Dog Bed is probably one of the best options, as it comes complete with a gel-infused memory foam bed that is 4-inches thick, more than enough to provide comfort for any dog. What is also really nice about the Dogbed4less Orthopedic Dog Bed is that it comes complete with a waterproof lining so the inside doesn’t get wet, plus it also comes with 2 different washable covers.
This dog bed has a special cover meant for cooling, so it helps your dog stay cool even when it’s warm out. The Dogbed4less Orthopedic Dog Bed is also one of the most durable options as far as we can tell, plus it also comes in a number of sizes for different dog breeds.
- Super plush and thick
- Comes with 2 covers and a waterproof liner
- Covers are washable
- Cooling covers
- Various sizes
- Very expensive
Serta iComfort Sofa Pet Bed
- Cool Action Dual Effects memory foam for Pressuring Relieving Comfort
- Zippered Removable Cover is Machine Washable
- Supportive Back Rest
- Enhanced Cooling Comfort
Here we have another fairly expensive option, although it does have some really cool features that your dog will love.
The reason why this is called a sofa dog bed is because it comes with an awesome backrest and side rests, so your dog can get really comfy, snuggle up, feel at home, and lean on the sides. Most dog beds don’t have walls, but this one does, and it makes dogs feel at home due to this. The Serta iComfort Sofa Pet Bed only comes in large sizes, so it’s not great for small dogs, but other than that, it’s a perfectly fine option.
We like how this item comes with a removable zipper cover that is machine washable, but a downside is that it does not have a waterproof lining, so the inside material may get wet. Speaking of the inside material, the Serta iComfort Sofa Pet Bed comes with dual-action cooling and supportive memory foam to keep dogs as comfortable.
- Has walls
- Removable and washable cover
- Very thick and plus
- Cooling cover
- Only available in large-dog sizes
Milliard Premium Orthopedic Dog Bed
- COMFORT - The Milliard 4" Dog Bed offers the perfect combination of support and luxe comfort by combining a sturdy foam base with a luxe memory foam layer.
- QUALITY - Made from durable materials and superior workmanship for a longer lasting bed.
- CONVENIENCE - The washable cover zips off and goes in the washing machine for easy care.
- TESTED- The rubber grips on the underside of the cover are non-slip, and all our foam is certified by CertiPUR to be low VOC and free of heavy metals.
- SIZE - The medium dog bed measures 34in.x22in.x4in.
This is one of the more affordable orthopedic dog beds on our list today, and although it’s not pricey, it still gets the job done.
The Milliard Premium Orthopedic Dog Bed features 4 inches of premium memory foam which is about as soft, plush, and supportive as can be, and it always bounces back to shape.
This item comes with a cover that is removable and machine washable for easy cleaning, although it does not have a waterproof liner. What is nice is that the Milliard Premium Orthopedic Dog Bed features rubber grips on the underside so it won’t slip around. It comes in 4 sizes so you should be able to find a size that will fit your dog’s size. It’s not the most durable option, but it also won’t cost you a fortune.
- Washable cover
- Thick and luxurious memory foam
- Non-slip base
- Could be more durable
- Could use a waterproof liner
When all is said and done, what you need to consider is how much you want to spend and how much support your dog needs. When you have both of these things figured out, you can then go ahead and make your selection of the best available bed.